Drug and Alcohol Test Price Guide
27 April, 2022
Drug and alcohol tests are methods to determine the use or presence of alcohol and illegal drugs in the system. Performing the test procedure involves collecting biological samples such as urine, saliva, hair, blood, and breath for laboratory examination. Drug and alcohol testing are customary procedures on the roadside or workplace. Law enforcement performs roadside screening to make the roads safer. Police officers test a driver’s alcohol and drug level through a breath and mouth swab procedure. If you exceed the alcohol limit for driving or have drugs, you will face legal penalties. Similarly, companies conduct regular drug and alcohol screening to keep the workplace safe. The drug and alcohol test price may not be cheap, but it makes up for the safety benefits in the workplace.
Purpose of Performing a Drug and Alcohol Tests
Institutions and law enforcement are not the only ones who perform drug and alcohol tests. Many individuals take breath tests to ensure safety and sobriety. There are affordable drug and alcohol test prices ideal for personal uses. You can buy test kits at pharmacies or online. Breathalysers New Zealand has effective breath analysers to measure Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) accurately. Moreover, drug and alcohol tests are essential for the following reasons:
- Checking the blood alcohol level before driving
- Monitoring the BAC, especially for people under learner’s permit or who have limited license
- People under an alcohol interlock program. The driver must have a zero-alcohol to drive.
- Employees who drank the night before will see if their BAC level has returned to 0.00% and be safe for work.
- BAC testing for parents in child custody cases
- Alcohol monitoring for people under probation or rehabilitation
Kinds of Alcohol Testers
There are many ways to determine drug and alcohol use. The high drug and alcohol test prices from laboratory examinations should not prevent you from being safe. Unlike laboratory testing, which requires professional administration, drug test kits and breathalysers are cost-efficient. You may avail of the BACtrack alcohol testers from Breathalysers New Zealand to check the alcohol level at any time. In particular, alcohol testers have two main types: semiconductor and fuel cell sensors. Semiconductor breathalysers use oxide sensors to measure the reactivity between the tin dioxide and the ethanol molecules. The tin dioxide sensor produces a reaction change when it comes in contact with ethanol in the breath sample. The breathalyser measures the difference to calculate the BAC.
The second breathalyser type is the fuel cell. The device utilises fuel cell sensors that offer high accuracy and sensitivity levels to ethanol. Fuel cell breathalysers undergo an electrochemical process when the sensors react with ethanol. During the oxidisation process, the device creates small electrical currents in proportion to the alcohol concentration in the breath sample. As a result, the more alcohol is present, the greater the BAC reading. Additionally, the drug and alcohol test price will matter with the device or sensors used. Semiconductor breathalysers are cheaper, but tend to be less accurate. On the other hand, fuel cell breathalysers can be more accurate and consistent despite back-to-back testing. It is the technology used by law enforcement in a roadside breath test.
Breathalysers New Zealand Price Guide
Breathalysers NZ offers a comprehensive selection of BACtrack alcohol testers. The devices range from keychains to workplace breathalysers. Most BACtrack personal breathalysers employ fuel cell sensors, providing high precision and reliability with each breath test. Furthermore, the drug and alcohol test price will vary with each device’s features or intent of use. There are three main devices available at Breathalysers NZ:
- Keychain testers – The smallest and most affordable alcohol testers of BACtrack. The BACtrack Go utilises advanced MicorCheck semiconductor sensors ideal for quick BAC checking. The mouthpiece folds away to secure the device when not in use. In addition, the BACtrack C6 is the lightest breathalyser with a fuel cell sensor.
- Premier – The S80 Pro Gen1 is the top of the range personal breathalyser of BACtrack. Individuals and industries popularly use it because of its accuracy and reliability. Meanwhile, the BACtrack C8 Smartphone, Scout, Trace Pro Gen1 and Gen2 are fuel cell breathalysers ranging from $100-200.
- Workplace – The BACtrack S80 Pro Gen2, Mobile Gen2, Alcovisor Torch and Mercury are breathalysers suitable for high-volume professional settings. The prices range from $200-650.
- Remote Monitoring – The Mobile Pro Gen1 and Gen2 are breathalysers with smartphone connectivity. They deliver the BAC data directly to the BACtrack app. In addition, you can share the results with a family member or employer for alcohol monitoring purposes.
Importance of Breathalysers
Today, many people check their BAC to check if they are allowed to drive. New Zealand has a legal alcohol limit for driving at 0.05% BAC. At this level, significant impairments start to show, especially in driving. There must be no more than 0.05g of alcohol for every 100ml of blood in your system. Alcohol levels can increase dramatically with just one glass. Some people get impaired quickly with one drink depending on the beverage type and their reaction to alcohol. Breathalysers help you monitor the increase of your BAC to remain within the legal limits. It also helps avoid road accidents or drink driving charges. The drug and alcohol test price is reasonable when it comes to safety.
The drug and alcohol test price is cost-efficient, especially with a breath tester and drug test kits. Breathalysers are compact-sized devices making them easy to carry with you anywhere. They also give fast results, helping you make informed decisions on the spot. With BACtrack breathalysers, you can see your BAC result in 10 to 15 seconds. Furthermore, you can use a breathalyser every time you go out to consume alcohol. With proper care, maintenance, and timely recalibration, you can use a breathalyser for a long time. Lastly, breathalyzers help you become more aware of how alcohol affects your body. You can make healthier habits and remain safe.
Drug and Alcohol Test Price: Safety through BACtrack
Ensuring safety is a priority at work or on the road. There is always a risk of accidents every time we go out, whether driving or taking public transportation. Responsible alcohol consumption helps us protect ourselves and others. A personal breathalyser is vital to check the impairment level. Even if your BAC is below the legal limit, it still poses a safety risk. Therefore, refrain from driving if you feel you cannot operate a vehicle safely. Instead, you can ask a sober friend to drive for you or take a taxi. Getting a breathalyser can help prevent potential accidents or driving offences. With a BACtrack fuel cell breathalyser, you can avail of pro-grade accuracy right in your pocket. The drug and alcohol test price guide of Breathalysers New Zealand can help you choose the right device.