BACtrack Breathalyzer Not Working: Do’s and Don’ts
06 January, 2022
BACtrack breathalyzer not working? Is your device giving out inaccurate readings—What should you do?
- You should ensure that you wait at least 20 minutes after you have finished your last drink before you test yourself. Not waiting the recommended time can result in inaccurate BAC readings.
- Try switching to a fresh set of batteries. If your BACtrack breathalyzer unit still gives out false readings, it may require recalibration service.
BACtrack Breathalyzer Not Working: Message Indicators
BACtrack breathalyzer not working but sends out specific messages? Is your BACtrack device displaying “BAT”, “OUT”, “Er”, “FL or FLO”?
- BAT will be displayed if the battery indicator is empty. The solution is to use two new alkaline batteries and use the device again.
- Some BACtrack units will display “OUT” if inactive for some time and just before the device automatically shut off. If you require a quick breath test, you need to press the start button to restart the countdown cycle.
- Getting FL or FLO means that the unit is not getting a sufficient breath sample. You must exhale steadily into the BACtrack breathalyzer unit for a full 6 seconds. Some breathalyzer models will make a beeping sound while breathing into the mouthpiece. The beeping sound indicates that the unit is getting an appropriate breath sample. The sound will stop when it receives enough air to analyze. You can solve a “BACtrack breathalyzer not working” issue by just providing adequate breath samples.
- If you start hearing a beeping sound from the device, and you’re unsure if your BACtrack breathalyzer is not working. After turning the machine on, in most BACtrack devices, there is typically a countdown while the sensors warm up. Once the countdown finishes, you can begin the breath test and start blowing into the mouthpiece. The device will emit a beeping sound. The beeping means you should keep blowing.
- If your BACtrack device is giving out “Er”, this error message means that the breathalyzer’s sensor is damaged or the machine requires recalibration service. When this occurs, we recommend that you kindly contact BACtrack Customer Support.
BACtrack Breathalyser Maintenance
BACtrack Australia stands behind every BACtrack breathalyzer unit made and sold. At BACtrack Australia, we have high standard quality assurance procedures that help minimize errors and defects. You must use your breathalyzer regularly to keep the device in excellent working condition. This method prevents the sensor from drying out. It does not matter if you have alcohol in your breath or not. The moisture in your breath will help keep the sensor in excellent condition. You can prevent a “BACtrack breathalyzer not working” issue by preserving its sensors.