Comparison Review: BACtrack S80 Pro vs BACtrack Element Breathalyzer
27 May, 2022
Alcohol can quickly affect the body, especially the senses, judgment, and coordination. Different beverage types have varying alcohol concentrations, directly influencing the body’s Blood Alcohol Content (BAC). Likewise, some drinks tend to cause impairment faster. Thus, determining the BAC or intoxication level is difficult if you don’t have reliable tools. As a result, it increases safety risks in driving or working. Fortunately, more alcohol testers are available for personal use. Devices like the BACtrack Element breathalyzer or the BACtrack S80 Pro efficiently measure the BAC level. Similarly, more personal devices from Breathalysers New Zealand help individuals monitor their BAC from reaching a risky level.
Alcohol breath tests are common in roadside screening. Law enforcement patrols the highways for signs of impaired driving to make the roads safer. A person must not drive with a BAC of 0.05% or above. It is because a person has significant impairments at high BAC levels. Additionally, alcohol is one of the leading factors of road crashes or collisions in New Zealand. Therefore, a personal device like the BACtrack Element breathalyzer or the S80 Pro help reduces accidents and prevent drink driving. You may use a breathalyzer to moderate consumption and keep the BAC below the legal limit.
BACtrack S80 Pro vs BACtrack Element: Fuel Cell Sensor
The BACtrack Element breathalyzer and the S80 Pro utilise Xtend fuel cell sensor technology. Fuel cell breathalyzers have higher precision than semiconductor sensors. It also has a police-grade accuracy, giving reliable BAC readings similar to the technology that police officers use in roadside screening. Moreover, fuel cell sensors are specific to ethyl alcohol and do not react to other substances in the breath. As a result, it is less likely to produce false positives, especially for people with diabetes or a low-calorie diet. Furthermore, the BACtrack Element and the S80 Pro provide the following performance:
- Sensor accuracy – The BACtrack Element has an accuracy of +/- 0.005 at 0.100% BAC, while the S80 Pro has +/- 0.005 at 0.050% BAC accuracy rate.
- Detection range – The breathalyzers can precisely estimate the BAC level from 0.00 to 0.400% BAC ranges. For example, the device can detect alcohol even if a person consumes a minimal amount. Similarly, it can measure the BAC level at high alcohol concentrations without losing accuracy.
- Warm-up time – The sensors have a warm-up time of 10 to 20 seconds, depending on the last use.
- One-touch operation – The BACtrack breathalysers have a one-touch button for fast and easy use. After pressing the power button, you can perform a breath test within seconds.
- Breath capture system – A mini breath pump ensures that the device only takes the correct breath sample and keeps ambient air from entering the sensors.
BACtrack S80 and BACtrack Element: Other Features Comparison
Breathalyzers are handy devices useful in determining how much alcohol you have in the blood. People may check their BAC between or after consumption to monitor their intoxication level. However, despite sharing similar properties, the BACtrack Element breathalyzer and the S80 Pro have the following distinctions:
- Adjustable blow time – The breathalyzers require a blow time of 5 seconds. However, you can adjust the blow time longer with the BACtrack S80 Pro. Longer blow time enhances the accuracy.
- Response time – The BACtrack Element gives the BAC reading within ten seconds. On the other hand, the S80 has a shorter response time of three seconds.
- Adjustable units of measure – You may set the unit of measure in the S80 Pro from BAC (%) to Micrograms Per Litre (µg/L), Milligrams per litre (mg/L), Milligrams of alcohol per one hundred millilitres of blood (mg/100mL), and Promille (‰).
- Battery life – The BACtrack Element can perform up to 1,000 tests, while the S80 Pro can reach up to 1,500 tests.
Advantages of Using a Pro-grade Breathalyzers
Professional breathalyzers used by law enforcement are expensive devices. It uses the most advanced sensor technology to measure the driver’s BAC level. Additionally, exceeding the legal limit in a police breathalyzer test corresponds to legal charges. The penalties include going to a court trial, paying hefty fines, imprisonment, and license suspension. Likewise, high-range driving may subject you to an alcohol interlock program. Stricter road regulations and heavy penalties increase the demand for personal alcohol testers like BACtrack. Breathalysers New Zealand has a wide array of dependable and effective devices for personal use. Moreover, getting a pro-grade device like the BACtrack Element breathalyzer or the S80 Pro ensures reliable BAC readings.
The BACtrack Element breathalyzer and BACtrack S80 have FDA approval and compliance with DOT’s requirements for a breath screening device. Therefore, people are more confident using a pro-grade device to monitor their blood alcohol levels. Moreover, a breathalyzer is also beneficial in tracking the decline of the BAC. Many employees use a personal device to check their sobriety before work. For example, high-risk industries have a zero-alcohol policy to ensure workplace safety. Therefore, getting a professional-grade breathalyzer is the best option if you depend on safety. Lastly, breathalyzers help you better understand how alcohol affects your body. Therefore, it is valuable in making informed decisions.
How to Get Accurate Results with BACtrack
Breathalyzers are sensitive devices that require correct usage to determine valid BAC results. The fuel cell sensors of the BACtrack Element breathalyzer and S80 ensure accurate readings. Moreover, following guidelines in breath tests help you get the precise BAC. Firstly, it is essential to wait 15 to 20 minutes after eating, drinking, or smoking before blowing on a breathalyzer. The waiting period allows alcohol to reach the lungs. It also prevents mouth alcohol from affecting the results. Then, take a deep breath and blow continuously to the mouthpiece when providing sample air. It ensures that deep lung air goes to the sensors for analysis. Lastly, avoid taking the test in a smoke-filled room to avoid damaging the sensors.
Availability of BACtrack Breathalyzers in New Zealand
Anyone can purchase a personal breathalyzer from the nearest store. However, pro-grade devices from Breathalysers New Zealand offer the most reliable and efficient breath tests. They are cost-efficient devices for securing safety on the road, at work, or at home. You may buy the BACtrack S80 Pro directly at Breathalysers NZ’s official website. Individuals and companies trust the S80 for its high precision and consistency. Furthermore, it registers the closest results with police devices in independent personal breathalyzer reviews. Meanwhile, finding the BACtrack Element breathalyzer may be hard in stores or online in New Zealand. However, you may find it more reasonable to get the BACtrack S80 Pro due to its similar features and improved sensor performance. Additionally, you can get complete sales and services of the S80 Pro and other BACtrack devices at Breathalysers New Zealand.