Alternatives a Drug and Alcohol Assessment Urine Test
05 August, 2022
One of the leading causes of roadside and workplace accidents are substance abuse and alcohol impairments. Alcohol and drug use can cause impairments such as blurred vision, slurred speech, risky behaviour, and poor coordination. As a result, these adverse effects present serious workplace health and safety risks. Substance impairments can cause severe injuries, high medical expenses, and workplace interruptions. In addition, if not strictly and constantly monitored, alcohol and substance abuse can significantly affect workplace productivity. Therefore, companies conduct drug and alcohol assessment urine tests to reduce workplace hazards. However, companies can opt to use alcohol testers like the workplace breathalyser from Breathalysers New Zealand to test staff for alcohol consumption. Moreover, alcohol and drug testing are critical for maintaining workplace safety.
Drug and Alcohol Test in the Workplace
Various testing methods determine the presence of alcohol in the system through breath, urine, blood, saliva, and hair. These tests detect and measure how much alcohol is present in the system. In addition, an alcohol breath test is an excellent alternative to drug and alcohol assessment urine tests. Alcohol breath testing is the most common convenient, and cost-effective method of alcohol testing. Moreover, a portable breathalyser calculates the precise Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) levels from a breath sample. For example, Breathalysers New Zealand’s pro-grade workplace breathalysers utilise fuel cell sensor technology to determine accurate BAC levels. An alcohol test using a breathalyser is the most convenient and precise way to determine an individual’s sobriety. Companies can conduct workplace alcohol urine tests or alcohol breath tests using a breathalyser like the BACtrack workplace devices from Breathalysers New Zealand.
If you seek an ideal workplace breathalyser, the BACtrack pro-grade models from Breathalysers NZ are excellent devices. These professional workplace breathalysers use fuel cell sensors, which only detect ethanol and no other substances. This key feature ensures that the breathalyser is less likely to produce false positives. In addition, breath testing is the quickest and most non-invasive method for alcohol detection. Therefore, breathalysers are an excellent alternative to drug and alcohol assessment urine testing.
Alternatives for Drug and Alcohol Assessment Urine Test
Some companies avail services from certified testing facilities to conduct drug and alcohol assessment urine tests. However, there are alternatives for urine testing like conducting alcohol breath tests. For example, alcohol testers like the BACtrack pro-grade breathalyser from Breathalyser New Zealand are helpful for companies who only want to test for alcohol consumption. Here are the common types of testing to determine alcohol and substance use:
- Alcohol Breath testing: Alcohol testers are used mainly by law enforcement officers to conduct roadside screening. Nowadays, companies opt to use breathalysers to conduct workplace alcohol testing.
- Mouth swab test: Saliva sampling is a standard testing method. This type of testing is less invasive than urine or blood sampling. Saliva can reveal alcohol and drug use within 6 to 24 hours.
- Blood testing: Blood sampling is the most accurate testing method. However, this testing is the most invasive, expensive and time-consuming. Therefore, companies only use blood testing as a confirmatory test if the initial test result is positive.
- Hair sampling: Testing hair samples can determine the alcohol or drug use. This type of testing has longer detection windows and can trace substances for up to 90 days. Therefore, this testing method is an excellent option for determining if an individual has a substance use disorder.
Drug and Alcohol Assessment Urine Test and Breath Test
A drug and alcohol assessment urine test for work may require a more sensitive testing process. In addition, the urine test requires the administrator or sample collector to process the provided samples. The accuracy of a urine test is reliable as using an alcohol tester or breathalyser. However, when testing for alcohol, using a breathalyser may have advantages over urine testing. Conducting urine testing takes longer and may cost more than using alcohol breath testers. In addition, BACtrack breathalysers from Breathalysers New Zealand can provide highly accurate BAC readings within 10 to 15 seconds. Having a time-consuming testing procedure may reduce the company’s overall efficiency. When conducting urine testing, companies may require extended periods to finish testing their employees.
Innovative alcohol testers, like the BACtrack workplace breathalysers provide reliable and highly accurate BAC readings. If you are looking for an alternative for drug and alcohol assessment urine tests, you may consider using breathalysers for alcohol screening. BACtrack utilises fuel cell sensors; these top-of-the-line technologies enable quick and precise workplace alcohol breath testing. Furthermore, law enforcement officers rely heavily on these pro-grade breathalysers to assist them in reducing roadside accidents. Breathalysers NZ recommends getting a personal breathalyser as well, and this allows you to check and monitor BAC levels. BACtrack breathalysers are compact and highly portable, giving users access to easy and instant breath testing.
Drug and Alcohol Assessment Urine Test: Testing Benefits
A workplace drug and alcohol assessment urine test and other testing methods can help companies deter alcohol and drug-related accidents at work. An alcohol tester or breathalyser can provide a quick and precise BAC level reading. For example, the BACtrack alcohol testers from Breathalysers New Zealand can produce BAC results within 15 seconds. In addition, the BACtrack S80 Pro Gen2 is an excellent choice if you need a workplace breathalyser. The S80 Pro Gen2 utilise improved fuel cell sensors, which are perfect for conducting high-volume testing. Therefore, the it can provide reliable, constant and highly accurate BAC readings. Here are some benefits of conducting workplace testing:
- Safe working environment: An established workplace alcohol and drug testing policy is essential for any business. Workplace testing ensures that employees are not impaired by alcohol or other substances. This policy improves the health and safety of the workplace. In addition, testing prevents workplace substance abuse and reduces workplace accidents due to drug and alcohol impairments.
- Boosts morale and productivity: A healthy and steady workforce leads to increased company output and high employee morale.
- Reduced legal liability: Companies are required to reduce workplace health and safety hazards. It is the company’s responsibility to maintain a safe workplace for employees. Therefore, companies that have workplace testing policies have reduced the chances of covering expenses caused by workplace accidents.
Alcohol breath testing is one of the most convenient and cost-effective alternatives for a drug and alcohol assessment urine test. There are various testing methods available and multiple testing kits. If you seek the ideal alcohol tester, BACtrack from Breathalysers New Zealand offers an extensive selection of personal and workplace breathalysers. Furthermore, BACtrack breathalysers for workplace testing can help significantly reduce workplace accidents and injuries. Companies can take advantage of BACtrack’s workplace breathalysers models available and use them to provide more efficient and accurate alcohol tests. Check out all the available breathalysers on the Breathalysers NZ website.