Information About NZ Drug Detection Agencies
24 October, 2022
The most crucial aspect of any workplace or company is the safety and well-being of employees. It is well known that drug and alcohol impairments are one of the leading causes of roadside and workplace accidents. Substance impairment is a common issue affecting many workplaces in New Zealand. Therefore, many companies implement workplace drug and alcohol testing to improve safety. In addition, companies can practice effective preventive safety measures through comprehensive drug and alcohol policies. This article will give insight into drug and alcohol testing through an NZ drug detection agency and alcohol breathalysers.
NZ Drug Detection Agency: Workplace Testing
NZ workplaces can conduct drug and alcohol tests onsite through instant testing kits. In addition, companies may utilise instant test kits, such as urine strips or mouth swab tests. A urine strip test can determine substance use by changing colours. On the other hand, a mouth swab test analyses oral fluid samples. These procedures can be conducted within a few minutes and give instant results. The provided sample can be sent to the NZ drug detection agency for confirmation when the results are positive. These instant testing kits are efficient for onsite testing as employees do not need to leave work to undergo testing at the facility. Moreover, these alternative testing methods are cost-effective.
Companies usually rely on the NZ drug detection agency for testing services. On the other hand, alcohol screening through a breathalyser is the perfect alternative and provides a quick and easy alcohol testing method. Using the BACtrack pro-grade breathalyser for workplace testing can be beneficial for companies in NZ. The BACtrack from Breathalysers NZ can process breath samples in 10 to 15 secs. Therefore, breathalysers can be advantageous if you require reliable and convenient workplace alcohol testing. The BACtrack S80 Pro Gen2 is an excellent and accurate alcohol breath tester for workplace use. The S80 Pro utilises fuel cell sensor technology that you find in law enforcement breathalysers. These fuel cell breathalysers only react to ethanol, making them less likely to produce false positives.
Workplace Breathalysers at Breathalysers New Zealand
A company may independently facilitate drug and alcohol tests without an NZ drug detection agency’s services. Breathalysers New Zealand provides efficient and reliable alcohol testing devices through highly accurate workplace breathalysers. The pro-grade devices of Breathalysers NZ utilise fuel cell sensors to trace alcohol over a complete BAC range. In addition, unlike other testing methods, anyone can purchase and operate a breathalyser without needing a certified test administrator. Therefore it is accessible to anyone who needs to detect and monitor alcohol impairment effectively. You can choose from the available workplace breathalysers from Breathalysers NZ below:
- BACtrack S80 Pro Gen2 – this device is designed for high-volume and high accuracy testing like construction or mining sites.
- It has a one-touch operation enabling quick and precise breath testing.
- BACtrack Mobile Gen2 – the BACtrack smartphone breathalysers are modified to fit the needs of workplaces for remote alcohol monitoring. The Mobile Gen2 connects to any iOS or Android smartphone through Bluetooth and delivers the BAC results directly through the smartphone via the BACtrack app. It is an efficient compliance tool for staff working off-site.
- Alcovisor Mercury – this device offers passive and active testing modes. It can give instantaneous readings by detecting alcohol in passive mode or accurate BAC readings in active testing mode. In addition, it provides users with an optimal touchscreen design for easy and efficient operation.
- Alcovisor Alcotorch – designed to detect alcohol through passive screening. It is suitable for commercial establishments requiring alcohol screening.
NZ Drug Detection Agency: Importance of Workplace Testing Policies
Companies and businesses need to ensure the health and safety of their employees. On the other hand, employees are also responsible for keeping the workplace safe and secure by following and complying with company policies or procedures. Employees must observe the policy to maintain workplace safety. A breach of the policy will have appropriate disciplinary actions. Therefore, a comprehensive workplace policy enables companies to implement drug and alcohol tests as a practical means to manage workplace hazards. In addition, the workplace testing policy should cover all the terms, procedures, employee rights, information on prohibited substances, testing guidelines, and actions for positive test results. Moreover, the policy must be easy to understand and fair to all employees. You can seek professional help from an NZ drug detection agency for legal advice.
In establishing a workplace drug and alcohol testing policy, the company must communicate all the information and guidelines to all employees. In addition, it should be fair and non-discriminatory to all employees. Therefore, companies should consider employees’ rights to fair and reasonable procedures. When testing, companies can opt for testing services from an NZ drug detection agency. On the other hand, if you seek reliable onsite alcohol testing, you can utilise breathalysers. Breathalysers New Zealand supplies genuine BACtrack pro-grade breathalysers that can provide quick and cost-effective workplace testing.
NZ Drug Detection Agency: Why Conduct Drug and Alcohol Testing?
Drug and alcohol use can cause severe impairments and have drastic workplace consequences. In addition, impaired employees put themselves and others at serious safety hazards resulting in accidents and injuries. According to NZ’s Health and Safety at Work Act, companies must prioritise workers’ health and well-being by utilising all reasonable means to manage occupational risks. This may include submitting workers to drug and alcohol tests, either onsite or in an NZ drug detection agency. In addition, investing in this type of preventive procedure can benefit the company:
- Reducing safety hazards – screening for drug and alcohol use helps detect and manage safety risks efficiently.
- Improve productivity – substance use causes various impairments and affects an individual’s mental and physical abilities. Therefore, it directly affects their work performance.
- Safe work environment – workplace testing policies promote healthy practices and behaviour. In addition, employees have increased morale and perform better in a safe and healthy work environment.
- Manage costs – workplace accidents related to drugs and alcohol can incur high company costs. Substance monitoring helps prevent accidents and reduce hospitalisation, rehabilitation and insurance claims.
- Reduce company liabilities – companies can identify and manage workplace issues. Workplace programs such as drug and alcohol testing help protect companies by implementing practical procedures.
An NZ drug detection agency help workplaces detect the presence of alcohol, prohibited drugs, or misuse of prescription medications. Drug and alcohol testing is a practical procedure to prevent potentially dangerous behaviour or unsafe practices. In addition, screening for drug and alcohol use is essential in high-risk industries like aviation, mining, construction and transportation. These industries implement zero-tolerance policies to minimise the negative impacts of substance use. Companies may employ several procedures, including using workplace breathalysers and availing NZ drug detection agency services. Innovative devices from Breathalysers New Zealand are valuable in keeping the workplace safe and alcohol-free. Visit Breathalysers NZ for a complete selection of BACtrack personal and workplace models.