The BACtrack Police Grade Breathalyzer
10 November, 2021
Ever since law enforcement implemented roadside breath testing in New Zealand, the number of road accidents and car crashes has decreased significantly. Alcohol breath tests can prevent potential road mishaps before they happen. Pulling out suspected drunk drivers from the road is critical to maintaining road safety. NZ road patrollers carry a small but powerful and accurate tool called a breathalyzer for roadside screenings. Police grade breathalyzers are the highest kinds of breath analyzers in terms of sensitivity and consistency. In preliminary screenings, high BAC readings in a police-grade breathalyzer can be enough evidence to warrant an arrest, a fine or more testing like blood tests.
A breathalyzer is a portable device that measures the amount of blood alcohol content (BAC) through the breath. A breathalyzer has a mouthpiece through which a person can blow into, and it calculates the amount of ethanol ingested in the system. A hand-held police-grade breathalyzer typically uses fuel cell technology. Fuel cell sensors oxidize the alcohol in a breath sample into small amounts of electric currents. Personal breathalyzers, like BACtrack devices, now also feature this type of technology.
Police Grade Breathalyzers: Choices
A BACtrack device can be considered as a police-grade breathalyzer intended for high validity breath testing. BACtrack breathalyzers feature fuel cell sensor technology for enhanced accuracy.
- BACtrack C6 – has a dual-mode feature that can either be on standalone mode or app mode. The results can be displayed directly on the OLED screen of the device or through the smartphone connected via Bluetooth. Despite its size, its accuracy allows it to still be a police-grade breathalyzer.
- BACtrack C8 – has ZeroLine technology that can estimate when your BAC levels return to 0.00%. Get your results directly from your smartphone through the BACtrack app. It can track your results over time and can even call an Uber for you.
- BACtrack S80 – a premier breathalyzer, ideally the best police-grade breathalyzer you could find in the market. It delivers the most accurate results with a single touch of a button.
- BACtrack Trace – has a sleek and minimalist design but does not mean it is less effective. BACtrack Trace can display the total number of tests performed and has a memory capacity of 10 readings. Perfect if you are tracking your BAC levels throughout the night.
- BACtrack Mobile – is designed for use through your smartphone via the BACtrack app. It can track and personalize according to your preferences.
- BACtrack Scout – has a reliable run time that can last up to 1,000 times.
When it comes to a professional, police-grade breathalyzer, BACtrack devices are ideal partners. The BACtrack professional series’ portability and ease of use can offer solutions for all kinds of situations.