The Benefits of Having a Portable Breathalyser
24 November, 2021
Breathalysers are indispensable tools used in alcohol detection by law enforcement. It is a portable device that uses sensor technology to estimate the blood alcohol content (BAC) through breath samples. The BAC is the percentage of alcohol in the blood, and it determines the level of impairment in a person. Over the years, using a portable breathalyser has stopped many impaired drivers from being on the road. Impaired or intoxicated driving is one of the leading causes of road accidents and fatalities in New Zealand. Today, breathalysers are not only used by police but in healthcare facilities and high-risk industries too.
Why Use a Personal Portable Breathalyser?
Similarly, personal portable breathalysers are also accessible for individuals who want to monitor their alcohol consumption before driving. Furthermore, the proper use of breathalysers like BACtrack devices can have several advantages.
- Accuracy – Breathalysers use sensor technology to calculate the BAC through breath samples. Fuel cell sensors oxidise ethanol in the breath sample and produce electrical current to determine the BAC. Moreover, most BACtrack devices use fuel cell sensors. These are also the same sensors you could find in a police officer’s breathalyser.
- Convenience – The portability of breathalysers makes it easy for anyone to conduct a breath test anytime. Unlike an alcohol blood test, anyone can administer a BAC test through a portable breathalyser. Also, they are small devices that are easy to carry or fit in your pocket or purse.
- Ease of Use – The BACtrack personal breathalysers have one-button operations. This feature makes alcohol breath tests easy and convenient. To use a breathalyser, power on the device and wait for the sensors to warm up. After letting it warm up, all you must do is to provide a strong, firm blow into its mouthpiece.
- Safety – Law enforcement uses portable breathalysers to stop impaired drivers from getting into an accident and affecting other motorists or passengers. Likewise, workplaces use breathalysers to detect alcohol impairment on site. As a result, breathalysers can significantly reduce workplace accidents and safety hazards.
- Quick Results – You can determine your BAC level instantly through a portable breathalyser. You can constantly and quickly monitor your alcohol level with personal devices. Moreover, BACtrack personal breathalysers only take 10 to 15 seconds to process your results.
Owning A Breathalyser
Portable breathalysers are a non-invasive and cost-efficient way of checking the blood alcohol level. Considering how severe drink diving charges are nowadays, BACtrack personal breathalysers seem to be a reasonable investment. You can avoid the hindrances of hefty fines, license disqualifications and interlock programs by checking your BAC before you drive.